Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tropical Tuesday - Tall Ships

I have always wanted to go on a tall ships adventure...what better place than the warm Caribbean islands?  I'd love to pack my bag and head off for a week of uncharted cruising. Like the Liberty Fleet of Tall Ships that take you here:
Photo from Liberty Fleet
 
 
Or (oooo...aaaaaah) the Star Clippers luxury clipper ships that take you places like this...
 
Photo from Star Clipper
 
 
I sailed a lot in my twenties, and have cruised in big cruise ships several times, but there's something relaxing and so wonderful about the thought of wind-powered travel on the warm oceans of the south. The sun, the sand, the salt air, the swaying deck and the snap of the sails. That plus a cool drink and a good book...heaven. Just the thing to think about when there are two feet of snow on the ground and three months til I break out the summer clothes.
Photo from Star Clipper
 
Yup. A girl can dream. Have you ever done a tall ships adventure? Was it fun? Where did you go? I'd love to hear your story.
 
Brenda


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be posted after moderation.

Brenda